Candidates aspiring to get admission into IIMs & other elite management schools need to appear for Common Admission Test (CAT). The exam is scheduled to happen on 3rd Sunday of November (16th November 2008). The admission procedure starts in the month of July with the issue of CAT Bulletins.
Click to View-> CAT Bulletins
Click to View-> CAT Elgibility Criteria
Click to View-> CAT Clarifications on Eligibility
CAT Admission Process:
Following are the steps to be taken for writng CAT exam:
1. Fill the CAT Application form submit it to the IIM in your zone. Deatils of application form can be seen here: http://www.catiim.in/
2. If you want to apply for colleges apart from IIMs then you need to fill seperate application form for each of them. You need to seperately apply for colleges such MDI, SP Jain, IMT (they all accept the CAT score). For IIMs no seperate application is required
3. Write CAT Exam which happens on 3rd sunday of Novemebr each Year
4. Depending on your CAT Score you may or may not get calls from the IIMs & other instt. you have applied for in Step2 above.
5. Next in the admission process (i.e. after getting calls) , you would be required to appear in Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
6. Depending on your consolidated performance in CAT, GD & PI and even on your profile you would be offered a seat in a college.
Details about the CAT Paper
CAT paper comprises of following three sections:
Quantitative Aptitude Test
This section tests the mathematical aptitude of a candidate. The questions asked in this section are from various areas of mathematics such as arithmetic, algebra, geometry
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
The prime focus of this section is to test the logical and analytical ability of a candidate. Most of the question depict a real life scenario followed by a group of questions related with it.
English Usage and Comprehension
The focus in this section has lately shifted from grammar to analytical ability. Reading comprehension is one of the most important part of this section.
CAT 2007 Question Paper can be seen at: http://www.onestopmba.com/downloads/OneStopMBA-CAT-2007-Question-Paper.pdf
"There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet. "