IIM Udaipur Selection Criteria - Admission Policy for PGP 2015-17
This document summarizes the approach of IIM Udaipur to prepare the admission list for its 5th PGP Batch (2015-17). The batch size is likely to be around 150. IIM Udaipur reserves the right to modify any part of this document including the various criteria and cut offs mentioned at any time till the actual admission process for the batch is completed.
The admission process of IIM Udaipur consists of:(a)CAT Examination (b)Short listing candidates for Personal Appearance (PA) process (c)Conducting the PA process. PA process is composed of Written Analysis (WA) and Personal Interview (PI). The PA process will be common to all the six new IIMs, namely, Kashipur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Tiruchirapally and Udaipur. (d) Preparing the Merit List based on CAT score, PI & WA score and Profile score as indicated in following tables.
1. Criteria for Short listing for PA (WA & PI) processThe cut-off percentile marks for eligibility for PA process in the two sections and the total CAT scores for different categories of students is given below.Category
Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation Verbal ability and Logical Reasoning TotalSC 60 60 75ST 50 50 65DAP 55 55 70NC-OBC 72 72 81General 80 80 90
2 .Criteria for Preparing the Merit ListThe criteria for preparing the Merit List will be as follows
a. CAT Score: IIM Udaipur will use CAT 2014 scoreb. Personal Appearance: IIM Udaipur will consider the following weightage
- CAT Score: 50 %
- Personal Appearance (PI & WA): 30%
- Profile: 20%
c. Profile: The following weightages will be considered for profiling
- Written Analysis : 10%
- Personal Interview : 20%
i. For Academic Profile following will be the weights
- Academic Profile: 40 % of Profile weight
- Work experience: 30 % of Profile weight
- Diversity : 30 % of Profile weight
10th Standard : 10
12th Standard : 10
Under Graduation : 20Range Of MarksFor 10 classFor 12 ClassFor Under Graduation<= 6011260.01 to 6422464.01 to 6833668.01 to 7244872.01 to 76551076.01 to 80661280.01 to 84771484.01 to 88881688.01 to 92991892.01 >=101020ii. For Work Experience following will be the weights:Months6 or Less7-1213-2425-3637-4849-6060 or moreScore010203020150iii. Diversity:GenderScoreMale0Female15The following academic disciplines are eligible for score for diversity factorsS. No.Academic Disciplines = 15%, Else 01Arts/Humanities: Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Education, Geography, History, Languages, Liberal arts, Law, Library and Information Science, Mass Communication and Journalism, Music, Philosophy, Performing Arts (Dance/Drama/Theatre), Literature, Physical Education, Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Social Work, Statistics, etc.2Commerce: Accounting, Auditing, Banking, Chartered Accountancy, Costs & Works Accountancy, etc.3Science Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Zoology, etc.4Others: Medicine, Pharmacy, and Management, etc.
3. ReservationsCategory% ReservationSchedule Caste15%Schedule Tribe7.5%OBC - Non Creamy Layer27%DAP3%General47.5%
4. Offer Acceptance Fee and WithdrawalA candidate receiving admission offer from IIM Udaipur and accepting the offer within the stipulated date needs to send along with Offer Acceptance an Offer Acceptance Amount of Rs.50,000/-. If a candidate subsequently wishes to withdraw the offer within the withdrawal date specified in the Offer Letter, Offer Acceptance Amount will be refunded after deducting Rs.1,000 as processing charges. If a candidate applies for withdrawal after the date specified in the Offer Acceptance, no refund will be admissible. If a candidate registers for the programme, his/her Offer Acceptance Amount will be adjusted against Term I Fee. In the event of withdrawal from the Programme after registration, NO refund of Offer Acceptance Amount or Term Fee will be made
IIM Udaipur Admission Committee will decide the number of candidates who would be called for PA process on the basis of short listed merit list prepared for each category. However, if the actual number of short-listed candidates were found to be less (more) than the required number of candidates to be called for WA / PI category-wise, then the overall as well as section-wise minimum score would be reduced (increased) to get the desired number of candidates.
The six new IIMs (Kashipur, Raipur, Ranchi, Rohtak, Trichy and Udaipur) have decided to adopt a common process of WA&PI to be coordinated this year by IIM Udaipur. In case any of the older IIMs (Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Indore, Kozhikode, and Lucknow) are willing to share their WA&PI score with the six new IIMs, the common candidates who have applied to new IIMs, need not to appear for WA&PI process separately, else they have to appear. The common candidates will be intimated the names of older IIMs sharing WA&PI scores with new IIMs.